Monday 8 May 2017

Aristotle asks Ted for advice on shaping a Fluxed-up World




Ted is All Knowing
   
Howye fokes! How is things? As usual me postbag is just bursten with yer letters and queries. I'll kick off with this one from a Mr R S Tottle what reads:

Dear GallantTed, I'm busy writing a thesis on words and phrases we use that have no connection to their origins. For example, turkeys did not originate in Turkey. Other words include, dutch courage, guinea pig, german measles etc.

Ted, I'm wondering if you could cite me a few more examples for my project and perhaps get your intellectual little friend, Albear Camoo, to help you…er.. just in case your wordy self over looks a few phrases.  R S Tottle

Well, R S, ya've come ta the right place fer sure fer yer query and there's no bear more lexical than meself fer the job in paw. Unfortunatly, Albear Camoo is busy doen a spota gamblen, boozen and general carrousen at the minute so he’s avalable ta give his oponion.

But not ta worry cos I consulted me trusty Tedasauras (partly wrote by meself) and came up with a grate list alltagather of missplaced words and frases what have nothin ta do with their origions:

  • Tibetan Horses
  • Maine Frame                             
  • Chile Willy                            
  • France is Baken                         
  • Thai Breaker   
  • Mayo Nays 
  • Frank Forth (Ted Furst)
  • Czech Shirt  
  • Russian Around  
  • Columbo 
  • Karachi Chop
  • College Liberian

Hope this answers yer query.

No comments:

Post a Comment